Our IV therapy service allows our patients to remain out of hospital and stay in their community while still receiving optimal drug therapy. When medication is delivered intravenously (directly into the bloodstream), it begins to work faster and may have a stronger effect compared to when it is swallowed.
This type of service is offered at very few community pharmacies in Ontario, putting Seamless Care Drug Therapy in the lead of pharmaceutical therapies at the community level. Infusion services include:
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- IV PCA Palliative Care
- IV Hydration Therapy
- Wound Therapy
IV therapy is useful for:
- Patients who cannot swallow.
- Patients who are not conscious.
- Patients in severe pain.
- Patients who need strong doses of life-saving medications, like antibiotics or drugs which treat cancer.
- Patients who need medications that cannot be given orally.